We all know that by installing windows 10 we get Xbox features on our PC and also we can download games. But using PS3 controller on windows 10 is a bit of tricky process. So today we will know how to use PS3 controller on windows 10 PC? Just follow the steps mentioned below to enable PS3 controller on windows 10.The first thing all you need to do is “disabling driver signature enforcement”. If you are hearing this for the first time then follow the steps below. If you know how to disable the feature then you can skip the steps and follow the rest of the content.
Make sure to follow steps clearly and without skipping any step. First and foremost thing is you need to download the MotioninJoy drivers. You can get this from the link http://motioninjoy.en.uptodown.com Note: Don’t install now, you have to follow the steps to access the installation and running of motionJoy. Generally, windows PC don’t allow this application to run on windows 10. To run this application we have to disable “driver signature enforcement”
You can also check this to Download FREE games on your windows PC.
How do I connect a PS3 controller on Windows 10 PC
The steps mentioned in this topic might look bit confusing due to repeating the process of selecting the menu, settings and all. But don’t get confuse these are actually simple if you follow one after the other as I mentioned. I recommend note down the steps because your system go through restart twice. If you are reading this article on your mobile then no need of taking note of the steps.
Steps to connect PS3 controller on windows 10
- Go to start menu and get into settings
- Now go to update and recover option in settings
- After getting into update and recovery option, you have to select recovery. This option you can find in left side on your screen
- Now after opening recover section, select advanced startup
- Your system restarts at this point, so don’t worry about that. You will get advanced startup options once it turns on.
I hope till now everything is clear if you face any problem comment below. Follow few more steps to complete our task.
- Select troubleshoot option and get into advanced options and select startup settings
- Again your system restarts and it will allow few options regarding startup settings. You can change these settings now
- Look for “Disable driver signature enforcement” once you find the option turn it off. To turn this option just presses functional key F7.
- Then just do manual restart that we do normally. Go to menu and click restart.
Congratulations you made it, now you can use your Playstation 3 controller on windows 10.
Just install the application “Motionjoy” which you downloaded on PC. While installing the application windows throws pop windows for security verification. Just say yes to all so that installation process gets done.
Take your PS3 controller and plugin to windows PC with the help of USB port. Make sure to connect to the internet to install required drivers online. Follow the options once you connect your PS3 controller, say yes to all the pop-up notifications. Once you finish this you can enjoy using the PS3 controller and also change settings using motionjoy tool.
This trick is something against Microsoft default settings but everything is safe. You can now use your valuable PlayStation PS3 controller on windows 10. Instead of spending money on gamepads think beyond to use what you got. I hope this trick helps you to use PS3 controller on windows 10 PC. If you have any queries regarding this please let us know by commenting below. We will get back on this to guide you. Thank you for following Techswans 🙂